Moringa or the moringa plant is abundant in nutrients and is a complete package when it comes to
health benefits. It is a cure and treatment to a great number of diseases and infections. Being a
storehouse of nutrients and antioxidants, moringa is one of the major suggestions that doctors give.
It is also highly recommended in Ayurveda and Siddha. Consuming moringa gives you better health
and makes sure that you are always in a great physical condition. It is that superfood which can
keep you fit in the long run and with increased health benefits.
Health Benefits of Moringa
Moringa has a lot of properties that are beneficial for health. It is not just the fruit or flower of the
plant that is stuffed with nutrients and vitamins, but the entire plant. Yes! The roots, the stem, the
leaves, the flowers, the seeds and the fruit of the moringa plant are rich with never-ending health
benefits and cures. Here is listing out some of the health benefits of consuming moringa;
- Moringa reduces cholesterol levels and helps in bringing down the increased risk of
- Moringa can also be used for increasing the flow and quality of milk of a breastfeeding
- Rich in antioxidants, Moringa helps in lowering blood pressure and moderating blood
sugar levels. The free radicals in a human body can be reduced with the antioxidants in
moringa. It also helps in reducing the high levels of oxidated stress associated with type 2
diabetes and heart diseases. Moringa also contains beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Moringa is also effective in the treatment of bronchitis, ear and eye infections, fever
diarrhea, mucus membrane, gastric ulcers, and headaches.
- Blood health can be benefited from the use of moringa along with the treatment of
- Cramps, pains, affected joints (spleen problems) can also be cured with the use of
- Moringa is highly effective in reducing urinary problems and also treats sexually
- Moringa is a cure to rheumatism, arthritis, anemia, gout and bacterial, fungal and viral
- Moringa is the best solution for liver protection and it also reduces liver damage. The use
of moringa can reduce the oxidative stress in the liver and increase the protein content in
the liver. The bile production and blood detoxification are effective with the use of moringa.
It also triggers and improves fructose and fat metabolism along with nutrient processing.
Normal levels of liver enzymes can also be maintained with the consumption of moringa.
- Moringa is used in treating common epilepsy, asthma, cardiac problems, and circulatory
- Consuming moringa helps the body to fight against Staphylococcus aureus (skin infecting
bacteria) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Moringa contains vitamins, Minerals, essentials nutrients, calcium, copper, potassium, amino acids,
magnesium, manganese, zinc, Omega: 3,6,9, polyphenols, quercetin, and chlorogenic acid – making
it the best eatable that can ensure a healthy and fit life. Apart from the plant as such, moringa is also
available as moringa powder, moringa oil, moringa tea, etc.